Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, April 23, 2012

GOD(s) BLESS US ALL


  • Students have been walking around Jeju Island in support of the Gangjeong villagers.  It appears to me that the numbers of Koreans from the mainland who are supporting the villagers is quickly growing.  This is such good news.  What we do around the rest of the world to help the cause will strengthen those inside of South Korea.  We must join hands around Mother Earth if we hope to defeat corporate globalization and its quest for military control of all of us so it can plunder what is left of the planet.
  • I went for an hour walk today.  Holly's house overlooks an inlet of Puget Sound and it is very wooded along the road by her home.  In the distance you can hear the ever present rumble of a major highway full of cars.  We are still doing so little to get ourselves out of these machines even though gas prices keep rising and we know that climate change is staring us in the face.  While in Oregon people told me they had more rain last month than ever before.  All along this trip people are talking about crazy weather patterns.
  • I talked with my son Julian today.  He mentioned his idea of banning cars which I heard with great joy.  I am so proud of the person he has become and how he is trying to integrate what he has learned in the debate world over all these years into his own life and the world as well.  It's a real hard time for his generation and he understands that as well as anyone.  I think the lesson for all of us is to keep reaching out and developing real community so we can help each other along the rocky path in the coming years.  Going it alone (one more example of the "Business Model") ain't gonna cut it.
  • I feel lucky to be doing what I do and I never stop thanking the great spirit for that gift.  I am trying hard to give it all I have and to remember that I am doing it so that Julian, and those who come after him, have a chance for survival.  There is no more important job for me - or for you. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home